Sunday, January 30, 2011

7 Days of Gratitude

In talking with my friend Christine a week ago, I started to tell her about something good that had happened to me that day.  Then I thought of a couple of things that had happened during the past week that I also felt pretty good about. 

Before I was done telling her about those two things, I recalled something else.  Then, I remembered another good thing that had happened recently.  I lost count of how many good things I told her about before the conversation was over.

"I didn't realize how many good things I've been blessed with until I started talking with you," I told her.

The next evening, I challenged myself to write down 7 things I am grateful for every day for 7 days.  Because I was trying to avoid duplication, my list became a little more challenging as the week progressed.  What I ended up with - after finishing my 7th list of 7 - is a variety of entries.  My beloved son Eric, automatic washers and dryers, Native American flute music, and the flavor of basil in my soup are all things I am grateful for.

And, after writing 49 things I am grateful for, I am adding one more.  I am grateful for my friend Christine's call a week ago and the realization, as I talked with her, of the many good things with which my life is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment