Wednesday, January 5, 2011

12 Days of Christmas (Part 2)

On the night of December 25, I promised myself that I would write in my blog every day for the 12 days of Christmas. And, this is it - my 12th entry!

The 12 days of Christmas may be ending, but my blogging efforts are not. I look forward to writing in my blog and learning more about blogging in the coming year.

And, what marks the end of the 12 days of Christmas? On January 6, Christians traditionally celebrate Epiphany, commemorating the appearance of Christ to the Gentiles (in the persons of the three kings).

I like the word epiphany in the sense of an intuitive perception or insight into the essential nature or meaning of something. I see an epiphany as a kind of super "aha!" moment where my understanding suddenly takes a leap.

May we all be blessed with our own personal epiphanies throughout the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment