Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What to Write

This morning, I looked at my blog and realized that I had not written anything since January 30.  I felt like it was past time for another entry, but I couldn't think of anything to write about.

In addition to my published blog, I also have my own personal journal.  I realized this morning, too, that my recent journal entries had become more perfunctory and less reflective in the last month or two.  (It wasn't that I wasn't reflecting at all; I just wasn't writing about it!)

The more I thought about it, the more I could see how the two might be related.  My personal journaling is what triggered the start of this blog for me.  As I began to blog, the one seemed to complement the other.  Some of the things I was journaling about, I also wrote about in my blog.  And vice versa.

I've been pretty good about challenging myself to write in the short-term (12 Days of Christmas is the most obvious example).  As I move forward in 2011, I challenge myself to keep writing as an ongoing practice.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment