Saturday, June 18, 2011

Starting Day 7

This morning marks the beginning of Day 7 of my dairy-free trial.  I still have no clear signs that going dairy-free has affected my physical health at all - except that I have lost a couple of pounds.  Even so, I'm not sure if the weight loss is a result of:
  • consuming less fat in foods like cheese
  • improved energy level from change in medication which actually began a few days prior to going dairy-free
  • a combination of the two items above
  • something else entirely
I think, at this point, if I get any clear signals at all about whether dairy should be in my diet, it will be on Sunday or later as I resume eating cheese, yogurt, etc. 

During the week, I've been looking up information about dairy sensitivities on-line.  One website actually said that "up to 75% of the world's population is lactose intolerant to some extent."  It further states that "lactose intolerance is known to increase markedly with age." (http://www.foodintol.com/)

Other sources explain that there are two possible issues with dairy foods, lactose intolerance and casein allergy.  (http://www.foodallergysolutions.com/ and many other websites)

There is lots of information out there, but I'm still not sure what applies to me.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment