Saturday, June 25, 2011

Flashback Fridays

I recently saw a discussion on "Validating Life through Flashback Fridays" - using photos and stories to validate memories of life happenings.



This photo shows the old suitcases that were packed dozens of times over the years for vacations, weekend trips, summer camp, and sometimes even for day outings.  The dark blue one was "Dad's" and the set of cream-colored luggage was "Mom's."  Who actually used which case varied from trip to trip.

I'm sure my siblings join me in recalling the many times we packed and unpacked these suitcases.  They accompanied us on trips to many of the western states and several memorable summers on Bainbridge Island, Washington.

When we emptied out Mom's house, we put the suitcases in a yard sale.  To our relief, they did not sell and were placed in the family storage unit.  I know we can't keep them forever, but I'm glad now that I have a photo of them as a part of our family history.

The various pieces of luggage I've used as an adult do not hold the memories that these beat-up old suitcases contain.  (I hope they feel validated now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment