Monday, June 13, 2011

Dairy Free?

Yesterday I began a trial period of keeping to a no dairy diet.  Dairy free might be a more positive way to say it, although it feels more restrictive than free right now.

Of course, the idea behind this diet experiment is to free myself of some of the health concerns I've been experiencing.  My doctor recommended this, but I haven't been too enthusiastic.  Cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and other dairy products are some of my favorite foods!

I've gradually eliminated most dairy foods from my refrigerator.  Now, armed with almond milk and vegan spread (plus a small container of almond frozen dessert for emergencies!), I have successfully reached Day 2.  My understanding is that I have to keep this up for at least five days in order to evaluate whether it is making any difference in my health.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment