Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dairy Free? (Part 2)

I was looking forward to eating and drinking dairy products again.  I drank a glass of milk on Sunday - no problem.  I ate some cheese on Monday, and my stomach hurt  afterward.  I drank a latte on Tuesday, and my stomach hurt again.  Today I am not sure what I want to eat or drink. 

What I do know is that it is possible to live without dairy products for days at a time - because I've done it now.  Living without dairy - or even most dairy - seemed like too much difficulty and too much deprivation for me until I did it. 

There are probably no scientific conclusions I can draw from my experience over the last several days.  However, I feel much more open to using dairy alternatives and discovering what the best dietary practices are for me.

My initial objections and fears about this experiment all seem a little silly now.  Isn't that how life happens sometimes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment