Sunday, April 10, 2011

Twelve Month Plan IV

In my last blog entry, I said I felt like I hadn't "done a whole lot" since October 8, 2010.  Maybe I should have given myself more credit.  Here is what I found as I reviewed:

I am glad I took the time to create a page for my "Twelve Month Plan."  Not only does it list some of the goals and intentions I have for my sixtieth year, I have noted some of the activities I've done in support of those goals and intentions.  This is in itself has been valuable - both to help me keep focused and to record my progress.

The big "aha!" moment for me was the realization that there are more words in the Plan describing what I DID do than what I DIDN'T do.  It is so easy to look at - and brood over - what I haven't done or where I think I've fallen short.  But, when I read my Plan, I can see the steps I've actually taken (with substantiating evidence!).

I can scold myself for what hasn't happened and feel discouraged or guilty.  Or, I can appreciate what has happened and feel pleased and thankful.  (And, I can use this information to update my Twelve Year Plan as I enter the second half of my sixtieth year.)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment