Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let It Be

Sometimes I like to know things:  the ingredients to make something delicious, when a special event is happening, how the detective in the story solved the mystery.  Making a dish that tastes good, having the opportunity to participate in something I enjoy, understanding how someone moves from confusion to clarity -- for me, these are good.

Sometimes I need to know things:  how to keep my car running, how to fill out my tax forms, how to successfully pass through airport security.  I can't say I like stopping at gas stations, submitting government paperwork, or taking my shoes off at the airport -- however, these are still good for me to know.

Sometimes there are things I want to know, but I just don't take the trouble.  Sometimes there are things I don't want to know. 

And, sometimes there are things I will never know.  Last week, a friend took her own life.  I don't know why.  All I can do is be at peace with not knowing, accepting what is without explanation.  All I can do is let go and let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment