Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Look For The Good

With all of the healthcare debate, not to mention the people who are losing their jobs and their insurance coverage, I feel very fortunate to be covered by a good - although rather expensive - healthcare plan.

Last month, I received a notice that my premiums were rising $125/month.  This caused some concern (nobody had sent a notice that my income was rising $125/month!).

What is interesting is that my insurance company has expanded their coverage to include "alternative" healthcare providers such as naturopaths, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.  This will help pay for the acupuncture treatments that relieve my sore thumb joints and provide more options for other problems that "conventional" medicine has not been able to solve.

I'm still not thrilled that my insurance premiums are rising.  But, after some consideration, I can see that there may be some advantages to the broader coverage that is now in place.  I might even be able to find ways to save on my healthcare to help offset the increase.

In our nation's current healthcare crisis, it sometimes seems difficult for me to see anything good.  However, the more willing I am to look for it, the better my chances of finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment