Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Trip to California

I spent my October 8 birthday in sunny weather over a long weekend in Cathedral City (next to Palm Springs).  It was a wonderful time spent reading and writing, attending a workshop, and seeing a part of California I had not seen before.

One of my favorite memories is the time I spent each morning looking out the sliding glass door to the view beyond.  I opened the door several inches so I could enjoy the cool morning air as I saw the blue of the swimming pool, the green of the golf course beyond, and the gray-brown hills in the distance.  The last morning, I got up early enough to capture this photo:
The rising sun transformed the hills to a beautiful pinkish hue.  As it rose higher, the colors changed:
On the day of my birthday, I was pleased to attend a workshop featuring Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way.  Since I am currently taking a class on The Artist's Way at home in Portland, this was particular interesting and encouraging to me.  In fact, even though I had no computer/word processor with me on my trip, I did some writing every day as Cameron recommends.  (see http://www.juliacameronlive.com/ for more information)

I did take advantage of one of the big tourist attractions in the area:  the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.  It is quite an experience to travel up to the 8500-foot level and enjoy the spectacular view.  For more on my tram ride, please follow my new blog at http://www.auntsandisays.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment