Monday, October 31, 2011

Faith and Hope (Again)

Since writing about faith and hope in my blog entry of September 25, I have thought about these words again and again.

What I wrote last month focused mainly on faith in myself and hope in myself, particularly with regard to blogging. Lately, I've been thinking about faith in God and hope in God and how these words apply in all areas of my life.

If I have faith in God, how does that relate to faith in myself? If I have hope in myself, how does that relate to hope in God? How does this all fit together - or does it?

I wish I had some cosmic insight on this topic, but I don't. What I do know is that these two words keep coming up for me in a way that can't be ignored. I'll continue to think about them and write about them as the next decade of my life begins.

I did find this to share ( thanks to http://www.mobixone.com/decent-sms/three-nice-stories-on-faith-trust-and-hope/ )

All the villagers decided to pray for rain.  On the day of prayer, all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella.  THAT'S FAITH.
Think of a one-year-old baby. When you throw him in the air, he laughs because he knows you will catch him.  THAT'S TRUST.
Every night, as we go to bed, we have no assurance we will wake up alive the next morning - but we still have plans for tomorrow.  THAT'S HOPE.

Now I have another word to think about - trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment