Friday, March 25, 2011

Still Hibernating?

Well, here I am - five days into Spring.  Instead of pleasurably anticipating all the desirable things I alluded to in my last post, I feel more like a bear that doesn't want to wake up from hibernation.  After sleeping up to ten hours at night, I still find myself taking one or two naps every day.  Even when I'm awake and out of bed, I feel like I'm moving - both physically and mentally - at a slower speed. 

Sometimes this feels very frustrating.  It doesn't seem like I'm getting much done, and sometimes I don't feel like I have a good handle on what I should be doing.

But . . . there is another side to this.  Moving at a slower speed forces me to be more present in the now.  I have to be more focused on the person or the chore or the information in front of me.  Multi-tasking is less of an option, but being conscious of what I am doing is more crucial.  I think I may be noticing things I may have missed when operating at a more energetic pace.

Mmmmm.  Sounds like I'm back to enjoying the journey again.

No comments:

Post a Comment