Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beautiful Beach

The weekend at Lincoln City was absolutely beautiful.  The sun was out, the sky was blue, the temperatures were warm without too much wind.  The scrapbooking room had windows which provided an ocean view as well as natural light to work by.

I was happy to see Terrie, Shirley, and Joan, three of my friends from the now-closed Scrapbook Fever in Salem.  It was also fun to meet Stacy in person and visit her "Scrap Shack" for the first time.

Working with my Arizona photos reminded me of how much I learned from and enjoyed my trip.  I decided to include some of my journaling and blog entries in my scrapbook for a more complete description of the experience.  I still have quite a ways to go to finish the scrapbook, but I am finding pleasure in the process.

Some parts of the weekend felt sad.  Since many of my trips to the Oregon coast in recent years have included my son, I was missing him a lot - in fact, I actually called him from my motel on Sunday morning.  Being with a large group of scrapbookers reminded me of how much I missed all the folks from Scrapbook Fever and the sense of community we shared.

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together?  I guess that wouldn't work.  Someone would leave.  Someone always leaves.  Then we would have to say good-bye.  I hate good-byes.  I know what I need.  I need more hellos.  (Charles M. Schulz)

No comments:

Post a Comment