Thursday, September 8, 2011

One More Month

I started this blog to keep some kind of record of my 60th year on this planet.  When I started, I had no idea how my year would unfold or exactly what I would write about.  Twelve months stretched in front of me with a wealth of minutes, hours, and days leading toward my 60th birthday.

Today I have exactly one month left.  It's almost as though I can feel a clock ticking, counting the remaining time until October 8.  It feels a little scary and a little disappointing to know I have not done everything I wanted to do in the past 11 months.  When I read my Twelve Month Plan, though, I can see a record of what has been accomplished in whole or in part.  That feels a little comforting and a little exciting at the same time.  And, I still have 30 more days!

One of the most remarkable things for me is that I actually created a blog and followed through by writing in it several times a month (89 posts to date).  I also discovered there are lots of people blogging, more than I ever imagined, and that they are using their blogs in  many different ways.  This in turn has prompted me to do some reading in other people's blogs, and I have learned things I probably would not have discovered otherwise.

Now, I am starting to think about my blogging future.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment